Achieve Hartford! is looking for an energetic and talented individual with a passion for writing and/or videography storytelling and interest in education to join us as a Part-Time Project Based Communications Intern. Achieve Hartford! invites undergraduate students with an area of study in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing to apply for the internship. Students who are involved with or have interest in issues surrounding educational equity are also encouraged to apply.
The communications intern will be part of Achieve Hartford’s Communications team and will assist with a range of projects across the organization’s key initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with writing social media posts and preparing visual content for social channels
- Supporting the communications team in the development of email newsletters
- Assisting with updating website content
- Supporting the communications team as needed, including data entry, taking and preparing meeting notes, etc.
- Understanding and willingness to learn about combating systemic and racial inequities in our public education system
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills as the selected candidate may work directly with Achieve Hartford colleagues and stakeholders from diverse populations and communities
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction
- Demonstrated personal computer skills
- Demonstrated use and comfort navigating social networks, blogs, Photoshop, video and photo sharing, etc.
Preference given to candidates that are enrolled in a course of study or program related to the Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Education or Public Affairs/Public Policy fields
Hours: Flexible, depending on candidate’s availability during the summer.
Total project hours – 40 hours – during June- August 2018
Salary range: $15 per hour; No benefits offered
Starting Date: June 2018: Dates flexible depending on candidate’s schedule
Deadline to apply: June 11, 2018. Send cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples or video clips to Nyesha McCauley, Communications Lead at [email protected]. Samples should be no longer than 2 pages each.